The Healthcare Industry
The Healthcare Equipment (Assistive Technology) Sector is an extremely important part of modern-day care management.
The equipment it provides (such as Community equipment; wheelchair services and other forms of assistive technology) transforms lives, facilitating those with most need,
to improve independence and enhance safer living.
Because Assistive Partner is experienced in so many aspects of the healthcare arena, we have dedicated our expertise to
providing focussed solutions that make a real difference.
It's a demanding job, keeping control of all your equipment. Knowing where it's supposed to be, when it's supposed to be there.
How to be sure it's properly serviced and in the right condition for use.
And depending on how many items you're responsible for, you might feel there aren't enough hours in a day.
UNIQUS® enterprise has been uniquely developed to run entire operations and delivers;
- On demand track & trace
- Online ordering portals
- Increased operational efficiency and improved customer service
- Reduced costs & greater accuracy
- Improved management information - available at the touch of a button
This example is of an organisation operating from a single warehouse, providing home delivery of healthcare equipment to
residents of an English County with a total population of just under 500,000 people. The organisation invested in UNIQUS®
cloud based software from Assistive Partner around five years ago.
Equipment part marking:
Every item which is likely to be returned, disinfected and re-issued is marked with an individual “asset” barcode, regardless of item value.
Poly-vinyl barcode labels are printed using indelible ink. They have proven to stick fast even in high temperature cleaning processes.
Labels are fixed at the point of goods receipt from the OEV (Original Equipment Vendor).
The organisation has to meet key performance targets for delivery performance. This can vary from four hours to seven days from order.
Orders are placed on line by clinicians, using a secure UNIQUS® portal.
Items are picked within the warehouse using wireless barcode scanners. Delivery and installation is carried out by a team of
ten mobile technicians. These technicians use mobile barcode scanners which also have GPS tracking & satellite navigation.
Customers sign for receipt on the scanner screen and the server is updated in real-time.
Key objectives achieved:
- Reduce Operations & Administrative Cost
- Increase Inventory Accuracy
- Improve Patient & Customer Service Levels
- Be Easy to Implement and Use
- Contribute to Increased Profit Margins
- Achieve an Excellent Return on Investment (RoI)
- Reduced “administrative staff to technician” ratio from 1 : 2.5 down to 1 : 5 (saving two headcount)
- Reduced warehouse inventory from >£300,000 to <£240,000
- Reduced incorrect warehouse pick to zero
- Increased technician productivity by 18%
- Achieved 99.9% accuracy of book to physical inventory at annual stock-take
- Achieved over 98% of all key delivery performance targets